Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm not one to run to update this thing, but today was too weird of a day to pass up.

Okay, so it was buisness as usual during the day at school. Afterward at 3 we were going to have a party for one of the Honduran teachers, Ms. Linda, who, as we understood it, was recently engaged. So we have all this food for what we thought was going to be an engagement party (small tidbit of information, i openly have a crush on this woman).

False.

She got married today at 12 o'clock and it was her wedding reception (heart broken). What! We seriously found this out 10 minutes before her arrival. So we all sat in the computer lab with with the food and of course Pepsi.

*Small note on the Pepsi in Honduras. I'm not sure Honduras would continue without it. Whenever you visit a home, for the family not to serve you Pepsi is unthinkable. If you're walking in the front door, a child is running out the side to the pulperia to buy Pepsi.

As I was walking in the gate earlier today the vigilante/gate attendant, Don Francisco, gave me a tug on my shirt and kinda... raised his eyebrows at me with his eyes wide. Didn't really know how to handle the situation.

I was told a soccer game was happening in the field next to the school at 4 so I had taken my cleats. I was keeping an eye out. At around 5 I saw some guys playing so I grabbed my stuff and headed over. Turned out I didn't know any of the guys playing but they let me play. There were a few guys who were just sick, but I didn't just embarrass myself. They said they play everyday at 5 so I'm going to start playing with them. After we had finished they asked me if I would buy the Pepsi for today, so I obliged.

I walked back to my apartment then over the main house. Upon arrival I found one of the student's parents pulling up with a truck full of grapefruit, all for us.

1 comment:

austinjoaquin said...

Drew, hey I sent you both emails to your clemson address because thats what i recieved last from you. apperently I have your gmail account confused...
I liked reading your blogs!