Saturday, October 11, 2008

Well this thing keeps moving on.

This past week was an up and down week. I've introduced a system in my class where I have these circles cut out of this foam paper and a Pepsi bottle (which weren't difficult to find) and I put the circle in the empty bottle (1 for each class) when they're on task or speaking in english etc. and take one out when they're off task or whatever. It's starting to work better. The older system of reward was mediocre at best. It was handing the students fake money things... Whatever. I think it would work well for some teachers but it was too meticulous for me, having to keep up with each students... This one is working better so far. The reward is a free day in my class and a party. I figure I make up the time of the party and the free day. We start soccer practice on monday. Atleast we're supposed to. Supposedly we have a game next saturday against another school? I don't know.

Can I just say how much I love Oliver Purnell. Seriously, best college basketball coach in America. It does help that he's held in contrast to Tommy "Parity, Parity, Parity" Bowden. But homedog had his press conference last week and i read the transcript off http://clemson.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=860105 . Thankyou OP for saying that we have the goal of winning the ACC and National Championship. Thankyou for not making excuses. Thankyou for continually improving our team every year. Thankyou for developing our players every year. Thankyou for creating a team that the country respects. These are all things that Tommy Bowden does not do. For anyone who is not a Clemson fan and is still reading this, I'm sorry. But Clemson is frustrated right now... cause we suck when we should be a top 10 team. Fire Bowden. Hire Bugs Bunny. Atleast he's sort of funny sometimes.

1 comment:

dalia said...

Hey Drew, I came across your blog cause I'm looking for info about Corfadia school - I'm very interested in volunteering there for the next school year. If you can drop me a mail to daliadk at gmail would be great! I just want to know more about how everything works there... but I am already sure I want to do this. Thanks, Dalia.