Saturday, November 1, 2008

November

Well, it´s november. It´s kinda hard to believe, but it´here. I´m sitting in an internet cafe, typing on a keyboard that is constantly sticking. The man to my right is wagging his finger playfully at a web cam at who i assume to be his girlfriend. It´s a little chilly here. The last few nights Tim and I have been sleeping in sweat pants. I just got a whiff of something that smelled like BBQ. I´ve been a nostalgic this past week with the change in temperature.

We´ve had a lot of people coming and going over the past few weeks. And by a lot I mean Marilyn and Laurence. Marilyn was a former volunteer here few years back and was here making a documentary/promotional video. She lives in DC now. I do love the idea that when I leave here I´ll be apart of an Alumni. I think I´ll be proud to join such a group of people. Laurence is our soon to be director. He was here bribing us with licuados (and doing an excellent job of it). Every time I say goodbye to someone down here ¨Dust in the wind¨ by Kansas plays. No joke. It´s nice to spend a few days or so meeting other people who have done the same thing we have and are also invested in what we´re doing here.

Tim and I have been keeping track of the number of Licuados and Baleadas we have consumed (started in October). I would have assumed Licuados to be ahead at this point but Baleadas have a commanding lead of over 20. I credit it to the temperature change. A small note, strawberry licuados were had this past weekend and they once again showed why I them to be the best (only competition is banana with oatmeal).

I´m home in like a month and a half. I´m excited to get home and sit and drink coffee and chill and see everyone and use an internet connection where it is possible to watch a youtube video or load a video online etc. I am confident I will miss Cofradia and its saggy nipple dogs while I´m away though.

A couple weeks ago someone posted a message in my comments, inquiring about the organization with whom I am serving. Could not access their email. If you read this, this is the website of the organization: http://www.becaschools.org/

No comments: