Sunday, July 13, 2008

Well hola hola.

Well we're here in Cofradia. The two flights were a mere 2 hours each. The seat I was on the second flight seemed to have been constructed for someone whose height was 5'5". We were picked up from the airport and were driven with two other girls, Allison and Tyler. There are currently two houses. A main one and a lower one. I'm in the lower one for now but that's temporary as many of the members of the team will be heading out to stay in homestays for the next little while (not sure how long that is). A chorus of roosters awaited me last night as I lay my head down on my pillow. Today we went into san pedro, a nearby city. It was like a 30 minute bus ride for 18 L. The people here are real nice, you can just tell with the ones arriving that they're a little more tentative than Chrissy and I are. I think you can attribute it to the fact that while Chrissy and I are coming down here, there is that sense of comfort since we know each other, these others are coming down here knowing nothing. They're all really nice though. More people are going to be arriving through the rest of the night.

No comments: