Wednesday, June 11, 2008

They didn't even see us Kunming (it had to be done)

A really quick blog because I've paid for 30 minutes and I have 10 minutes left. We're in Kunming and we leave for Lijiang tonight at 9 on an overnight sleeper bus. We're not planning on getting a lot of sleep on it as it winds through the mountains but we saved 50 yuans by not taking the day one (plus a night at the hostel). We ate at a kind of Western coffee shop called Salvador's yesterday for lunch that was really good. I had a burrito, others had quesidilla, burger, chicken sandwich, etc. It was good. We went to a nearby park and played some basketball. The others then went and played cards while I played Badmitton with some locals. Graham and Nathan payed the small price of 50 yuans for what might have been the best massage of their lives. Last night we ate at restaurant called Mamafu's which was awesome. Turns out there's two and the original is in Lijiang.

-Austin, I was thinking about you yesterday and was thinking about how I'm not going to be able to see you guys for a full year, which is miserable. I thought I'd be back out there by now but my plans have changed. James could fill you in but i'll talk to you when I get back.

No comments: